Sania Mirza

the rising Indian Tennis star , is more than a sports personna ...... This blog is an attempt to track her highs and lows ....her pros and cons .... people that build her and the thoughts that she made to cross through the millions .

Monday, July 30, 2007

Be Careful What You Wish For

It sounds like Sania Mirza is well into experiencing the downside of fame and fortune. From the BBC: Mirza-mania

Asked what life is like in India now, she replied: "Whenever I go out I need security, let's put it that way.



"It's tough. People have never had a woman doing well in such a big sport so they're very, very excited."



Mirza is relaxed and cheerful as she discusses the response from her home country, but it is clear the pressure is never far from her mind.



Does it faze her?



"It fazes me here, it fazes me everywhere but it's not in my control," she said.



"The fans expect a lot more than I can actually do. Do I think it's fair? No, but there's not much I can do about it.




No comments: